Effective as of December 20, 2019
Like many companies online, we use services provided by Google and other companies that use tracking technologies. These services rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies and web beacons – to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we have summarized below.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our websites. We may also use first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our websites.
Cookies We Use
Our websites may use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our websites and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make when you use our websites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our websites.|
|Analytics and Performance
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our websites and how visitors use our websites. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our websites, the websites that referred them to our websites, the pages they visited on our websites, what time of day they visited our websites, whether they have visited our websites before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our websites more efficiently, gather broad demographic information, monitor the level of activity on our websites, and improve our websites.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our websites by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
Managing Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our websites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and preferences when visiting our websites.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave or Firefox, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on each browser and device that you use.
Changes to the Cookies Policy and Tracking Opt-out Guide
We reserve the right to update this Cookies Policy and Tracking Opt-out Guide at any time, and we encourage you to review this Cookies Policy and Tracking Opt-out Guide from time to time to stay informed of how we are using cookies and other tracking technologies, and how you may opt out of such tracking technologies.
For questions about this Cookies Policy and Tracking Opt-out Guide please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.